OURBLOC.com Headlines

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

the Vid Bloc: Frosty the Inappropriate Snowman - What are your Thoughts

CBS Marketing campaign for the broadcast of Frosty the Snowman is garnering a bit of not so good press. The reason for this stink is CBS' Marketing Team decided to see what would happen if Corn Cobb Pipe Toting lovable Snowman Frosty would look like reciting lines from the hit show "Two and a Half Men". I think the hybrid was skillfully done and side splitting funny, but many parents don't share the same opinion.

Parents, Adults, Sensitive Folks I hear your cries of outrage, but I don't agree. I'm probably the biggest fan of Frosty the Snowman and in most cases I would cry foul, blasphemy, bloody murder I tell you if someone tainted my Frosty. Even though I wanted to do just that when I read several news stories; I just could not stop laughing at the video.





(This video is not suitable for all audiences. Parental and Immaturity Advisory is Suggested)

Granted I hear your arguments such as "What if my child is surfing the net and types in "Frosty the Snowman" this trash will come up". Well my friend I will answer your question with a question...what is your child doing surfing the net without parental guidance? Any kid under the age of 17 should probably not be allowed to surf the net willy nilly in the first place. If you are one of those parents then shame on you for expecting the world to do your job. Here's another question to parents that feel this spot is out of line... have you watched some of the kids shows on TV nowadays? Yes this spot is laced with adult humor, but I think even Disney some times pushes up against the proverbial line of provocative inappropriateness.

Instead of complaining just block it or heck take your kids to the actual Frosty the Snowman website and scare the bejesus out of them if they dare leave the page. Who said it was illegal to strike parental fear to ensure the kid doesn't seek out inappropriate sites on the Web?

If you haven't already...take a look at the video. You can't tell me that for an adult this is not hilarious...LOL... for a child yes it's inappropriate, but the show Two and a Half Men is inappropriate for children yet most complaining let their children watch it. Hmmmm moral dilemma or a smidgen of hypocrisy? I'll let you be the judge.

Regardless of your views, don't deny your children the opportunity to watch a Christmas Classic ... "Frosty the Snowman" airing Dec 18th, 2009 at 8pm on your local CBS affiliate.

Feedback is always welcomed

Live it, Love it, Share it - OURBLOC.com

Written by: Ran
ran@ourbloc.com
Follow Ran on Twitter @rannyran
Follow OURBLOC.com on Twitter @therealourbloc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMFAO

Anonymous said...

wtf was that nonsense? so there was nothing else to use but Frosty?