OURBLOC.com Headlines

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Rant and Rave: Million Dollar Men Acting Like Babies


On 12/3, Young Jeezy, Gucci Mane and DJ Drama had a live chat on Atlanta's Hot 107.9 to air the dirty laundry, squash the rumors and finally smash their overall disagreements with hopes to further their business relationships. I listened to much of the interview, but eventually changed the internet dial after being overwhelmed by extreme boredom. Unfortunately, this is just re-hashing the same dull story that happens in hip hop over and over again.

What's so dull about this storyline is you have men who are multi-millionaires arguing over school girl disputes. Oh you played a record when I said don't play it. Or you said something about me and it pissed me off. I mean I can go on and on, but why bother? All it will show is the Hip Hop Community needs to grow the heck up. I mean do you see Bill Gates holding press conferences to say I hate you Larry Ellison (CEO of Oracle)? Do you see Pepsi throwing proverbial pot shots at Coca Cola saying "...you're dead if I see you in the streets?" Will you ever see Donald Duck say to Mickey Mouse "...that's why I smashed Minnie Mouse you over bloated super star?" Let me answer both of these questions...NO! Granted companies/company personnel may not like one another, but at the end of the day they will not hinder their profit potential by doing something dumb.

One can say that the Hip Hop genre is probably the most counter productive, prima-dona industry filled with individuals who will use kiddie bull to hype album and merchandise sales. Jay-Z and Nas for years was the most storied hype; now you have Jay-Z and 50. You also have 50 and Fat Joe, 50 and Rick Ross, hell let's just say 50 and the whole Industry...lol...but I digress. The point I'm getting at is this...the Hip Hop Industry has been able to shore up balance sheets for the music industry for a number of years. Thousands have been able to turn their rags story into millionaire dreams, but I guess that growth came with the absence of maturity.

Here's a suggestion for changing the industry. Let's do this, everyone who is hyping their beef or squashing beef for the sake of relevancy...let's put them all in a ring and do this gladiator style. Beat the hell out of each other, cry, scream, act like little school girls for all I care. Once you leave the Gladiator's Circle since a pact to act like a adult and execute business decisions accordingly. I'm not saying you can not like one another, but leave it behind closed doors or to your own personal circle. If you feel beef sells, then maybe you should get out of Hip Hop and start a rewarding career as a butcher. This way one will have access to all the beef they want.

Live it, Love it, Share it - OURBLOC.com

Written by: Ran
ran@ourbloc.com
Follow Ran on Twitter @Rannyran

No comments: