OURBLOC.com Headlines

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

the Mental Relaxation: Give Thanks on Thanksgiving Day

“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.” - Psalm 100:4


Yes it’s Turkey Day, also known as Thanksgiving in today’s society. I remember back in the day when it was all about getting out of school and visiting friends and family. It wasn’t until I grew older that I learned the actual meaning of this holiday.

It’s not just about eating and chilling with family, because first you have to be thankful for the food you’re eating and for the family that surrounds you. Remember, some are not able to share this moment with their families, some are not fortunate enough to have a warm meal on this day. That’s why it’s important to appreciate what GOD has blessed us with and thank him for all HE has done.




I recall one Thanksgiving when my family and I would volunteered for “Hosea Feed The Hungry” in Downtown Atlanta. I handed out trays of food to the many of Atlanta’s homeless. I was surprised that I was not scared, but even as a child I remember feeling sad. Each time someone smiled and said “Thank You” I would fight back tears and smile. This experience reminded me how blessed I was to have the simple luxuries many of us take for granted.

Tomorrow when we see our families and friends, sit down and break bread in our warm homes, take a moment and spend time with GOD and thank HIM for the many blessings you’ve received this year. This is truly a year where we all should offer HIM many Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving from Cee Nicole to You and Yours

Live it, Love it, Share it – OURBLOC.com

No comments: