OURBLOC.com Headlines

Monday, August 17, 2009

Rants and Raves: Why Are You Thankful For The Obvious?

I was sitting here reading the many tweets from the 400+ people I follow and I noticed a consistent trend. A trend that made me somewhat upset for some unexplainable reason. It's something that everyone says all the time... "I am thankful that GOD woke me up this morning" or "I am thankful that GOD gave me breathe, so everything will be ok." Now forgive me if I offend anyone, but I have to go in on this topic. Why do we accept just mediocirty and thank GOD for just being average? Is GOD just average? Let me answer that...HECK NO!!! Now I grew up in the church and I was always raised that we can have anything in this world all we have to do is pray, ask GOD, and go for it. I guess as the world got older we forget about the last part which is go for it. It's funny to me how everyone is thankful for waking up, but they just waste away the blessing of waking up. It's funny to me how a vast majority say that they are thankful for waking up, but the next sentence is a woo is me statement. If GOD only wanted us to be thankful for being alive and not be productive, why did HE give us a brain? Why did HE give us the ability to use our limbs, speak, see, etc if all HE wanted us to do is be thankful for opening our eyes? I'm not trying to preach or anything, I just wonder why people won't make a move to do anything other than what they are doing now? Hey People, blessings that you are praying for won't just fall into your lap, how about you STEP out on FAITH and see what GOD can do for you. How about you sacrifice and grind without complaining. When you think you can't do anymore, usually that means you haven't done enough. Food for thought: You woke up this morning which is great, how about you Wake up that dead mind of yours and make something happen? So what are you going to do today? Are you going to make it happen or are you just simply going to get angry at what I said and continue to do NOTHING? Hey LORD, thanks for waking me up every morning and I promise that I will use every ounce of my strength, ability and power YOU blessed me with to change the world around me. You can M.I.H [Make It Happen]...stop complaining, stop being scared, and start living!!!! @rannyran on Twitter

5 comments:

Autty said...

Thankful for the obvious is the best way you can put this too. It has great intentions but like you said its so much bigger than just waking up ESPECIALLY if you're not making the most of your day. Not to mention, half the people that say that, are the ones that do reckless ish all day long and really need to be thankful for their obvious, i.e. not being locked up, not getting preggers,etc.....OH did I go too far? I digress, seriously, its more than just being thankful for waking up but about being thankful for waking up and walking in his light. Its like your mother always says, 'Be careful what you wish for'. If your only blessing is to just wake up, then what are you waking up for?

-Autty

always_inspired said...

I cannot wait to get home.. I'll all over this one.. whew!!!

Anonymous said...

Prayer does change things and there's nothing wrong with that but nothing happens without a little initiative and faith in Him. As for being thankful and taking action in your life, that should be a constant act and not just limited to our obvious. The choices we make (good or bad) are a direct reflection on our lives as a whole and often the lives of others as well. I learned long ago that life is too precious and short to live it in mediocrity. If you want better for yourself then you have to take the steps to receive better. It starts from within.

Anonymous said...

It is not obvious nor is it a given that anyone of us will wake up to another day or another breath. Everyday I work with individuals who roll the very air they breath behind them in a cart. Others who cant even speak complete sentences without gasping. And some who need entire rooms to house their breathing machines. You see without ... Read Moresufficient oxygen the body cannot function. You cannot walk, cant talk, your limbs become necrotic and you mind deteriorates. I could go on, but you get the idea. I'm not complaining, Im just grateful for the small things that in the greater scheme of life are not small at all. " He woke me up this morning, started me on my way. The Lord, The Lord is blessing me right now."

@rannyran said...

I thank everyone for the comments and trust me I am very thankful for waking up every morning, but to sit there an not do anything after waking is a slap in GOD's face in my opinion. Now I can't judge anyone for making that choice, because it's not for me to judge. However, I truly believe that we were born into this world to accomplish more than just waking up and going to sleep everyday.

Pray truly does change things, but Faith without Action is dead. Do you all agree? I understand that millions were not fortunate enough to wake up this morning and we did so we have to be thankful, but that makes it even more important to get up, get out and get something [Goodie M.OB].

We have to be thankful for the small things, but we have to know that is not the only reason we were placed on this earth to be thankful for the small things. I praise a BIG GOD and HE has the ability to make us all great beyond our imagination, why just settle for merely being small? It only takes a small bit of faith to accomplish great things and to wake up and say "Thank You LORD for Waking Me Up This Morning" and then not doing anything productive with the day, is truly a waste in my opinion.

I know everyday we can't move mountains or conquer seas, we have to have a day of rest somewhere in there. All I am saying is make the most of everyday that you have on this earth because that day truly could be your last.