OURBLOC.com Headlines

Friday, January 15, 2010

the Fashion BLOC: Project Runway 7 Premiere


The beginning of season 7 starts the show with a quote from Heidi stating "you are going to have to work hard!" so I raise an eyebrow at the thought. There has been several talks of a more demanding season full of real challenges. We shall see.

Immediately, I think Ben and Seth Aaron are really cool. Emilio seems like he loves to bite on more then he can chew but, you never know, he may surprise me. Christiane's portfolio seems like she has nice pieces but is very cocky. Maybe too cocky.

FIRST CHALLENGE: Design your own thang, which totally proves who they are as a designer, so I'm excited to see this be the first challenge.....Oh and did I mention immunity...Hmmm

They get 3 min to make a mad dash for fabrics galore....where Emilio says they all look like "Fat people in a open buffet in Vegas" {OH GOODNESS LOL}. They get 5 minutes for Editing = which means to trim the fat on your fabric choices. Between editing and the electronic tablets being introduced, its good to see the show is clearly making 'green' decisions but it sucks for the designers who would totally love that fabric for security purposes. This is gonna be interesting.

I like Ping; she is extra weird but im looking forward to seeing what she does but she definitely is DIFFERENT.
Tim's Check - IN
They all seem pretty amateurish for the most part. Scrambling to the very end. The decisions have me confused at first glance.

Anthony is hilarious and for some reason he is just what I needed LOL. But he is truly struggling with the zipper and what not; I need to see whats that about by the next challenge, let's hope.

Tim has to give a motivational speech ON THE 1ST EPISODE about being TOO ambitious AND he breaks out the first "Im worried" of the season. I don't think I have seen this many contestants struggling in the 1st episode. WOWZERS! I may just have to break out a Tim-ism countdown.

Runway:
Judges: M. Kors, Nina, Nicole Richie and of course, Heidi

I like Jay's piece, Ben's retro meets futuristic but Ben and Emilio get me...But most of all, Emilio's detail totally paid off and gave us all a hint as to what he is about. GET IT! I was totally impressed. Anthony's turned out OK, contradictions were all over the place and it had too many things going on. YIKES!

But THE best is MK calling Jesus' dress, "a huge crocodile trunk that exploded into an evening gown"....DOUBLE YIKES!


Emilio is the winner & was so geeked up that he picked up his model and danced around with her lol! [See his winning look at the top and to the left]. 



Christiane gets the boot - her color combinations got christiane and it looked amateurish so I was not surprised. Jesus better step it up as he was on the chop block too and he was a hot mess too. Besides, if that was his style, I'm afraid I'm concerned, forget worried. Nevertheless, lots of sashaying yet showstoppers. Looking forward to this season.

Written by: Autty
Live it, Love it, Share it - OURBLOC.COM
Follow me on Twitter - @theAutty

No comments: