OURBLOC.com Headlines

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

the STOOP: Stop Crying Soldier and Uphold Your Responsibility

Here we go again with yet another story about a soldier who does not want to go off to war. It is really blowing my mind that people are joining the military with no intention on upholding their responsibility. Now I have a difference of opinion regarding the on-going Wars, but I will never and have never wavered in my support of our American Soldiers who are fighting and/or dying for Country. When I hear of Soldiers who try to use their children or their "beliefs" not fight during wartime, even though they signed up to protect Country, pissess me off.

If you have not read the story here is the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_us/us_soldier_mom_deployment

According Soldier’s Attorney, the Soldier's child care plan was submitted a couple months ago, but the situation changed. Allegedly, the Soldier's mother tried to watch her grandson, care for 3 critically ill family members while babysitting over 14 kids at her in-home daycare. I guess I'm reading too much into this, but "ummm yea about that" lol...sounds fishy to me. The end result is the Soldier did not report for deployment, she was arrested by the MPs, her mom was flown to Georgia to pick up the child, and the Soldier is facing jail time. Hmph, I guess going to jail is better than going to War for her eh?

Question, why did the Soldier's mom keep the child until a few days before deployment? If it was too much for the grandmother to handle, why did she not refuse the child care plan before the Solider submitted the documents? Once the Soldier found out her mother would not be able to keep the kid, why did she not immediately call her superiors in October and inform them of the child care changes? Why didn’t the Soldier report to deployment formation with her child? You know why??? It's all part of a game her and her mother are playing. It's called "I joined the military during wartime and I don't want to go to WAR".

I already know many people, especially mothers, are going to go in on me, but ah well. If she is truly in a bind, then by all means, I retract my statements. If she is just trying to avoid her duties, then don't throw her in jail, slap her with a dishonorably discharge and let her fend for self that way. When will people learn that they can not use their children as an excuse to get them out of obligations and responsibilities? I think it's the biggest cop out in the world.

Hey Soldier, even if you decide to deploy now, you're brethren will probably have ZERO faith in you. I am almost positive that no Soldier wants to go to war with another a Soldier they have 0 faith in. It may be best to just do your time in jail and then return home with the dishonorable. It's unfortunate, but it’s the path you have chosen.

Good Luck Soldier

Written By: Ran
ran@ourbloc.com
Follow Ran on Twitter @rannyran

No comments: