OURBLOC.com Headlines

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the Stoop: Lordy, Lordy Look Who's 40


Back in the day when I was young, I remember eating my Cream of Wheat and singing "Rubber Ducky You're the One...You Make My Bath Time So Much Fun..." That was one of my favorite songs from Sesame Street. Oh Oh Oh or what about, I think it was the numbers pinball game; you know..  *singing* "1 2 3 4 -4-4- 5 6 7 8 9 10 --- 11 12 .... 1 2 3 4 5 -- 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... " Those that remember this song are bobbing their heads right now saying ... "AHHHH that's my joint right there". I can't believe the Street has been around for 40 years.

*Singing in my Stevie Wonder voice" Hap Pe Birth day to you... Hap Hap pE Birth day to you... Happy Birthdayyyyy." Sometimes you wonder how many kids have been touched globally but the gang that lived on Sesame Street. It was pretty cool how they tried to represent many different personalities, ethnic groups, age ranges, and sexes. One can only respect Sesame Street for trying to impress upon a younger generation the importance of equality and education. I don't think anyone wants to imagine where the U.S. would be without shows like Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow, 3-2-1 Contact, Pinwheel, etc to name a few.

I don't have any kids yet, but when I begin to grow my stable, I plan to make them a bowl of Cream of Wheat, pop in a DVD and sing Rubber Ducky, count the number of bats on the wall with the Count, devour a plate of cookies with Cookie Monster, or laugh at everyone's homie Oscar the Grouch (lol).

Happy Birthday Sesame Street...hope you make it another 40 years.


Written by: Ran
ran@ourbloc.com
Follow Ran on Twitter @rannyran

Live it, Love it, Share it - OURBLOC.com

No comments: