OURBLOC.com Headlines

Friday, September 11, 2009

the Flat Screen: Model Takeover: 'Project Runway' - Ep 4

This week the Designers are surprised to hear that their Models are actually their clients and the challenge is to dress their models in a design that displays their true styles as well as set them apart from the other model chicks at an industry event.

First reactions ........Johnny is geeked about the challenge because him and Emarie work well together besides, she is fab. Epperson was struggling, Qrystal doesn't want to go with her client's colour palette & go against a design in black and for reason, Logan freaks out even though Kojii gives him a lot of cute concepts to work with (i.e. 50's, cosmo, girly, etc.)
On Tim's check in -
Althea is looking and sounding good: Her concept and pace are strong and immediately, I look forward to the finished project. Tanisha is opting to step out from the rest by not getting a dress but instead a stylish 3-piece suit so despite Althea having her work cut out for her, she has it all under control.
Q's is looking messy; and the minute Tim gives feedback about the messy ensemble' she totally gives up and starts from scratch...to what?! a basic black dress; the very thing she did not want to do.
As you know I am a Carol Hanna fan, and I do think the outfit is cute, but I totally agreed with Tim and that, the shirt and bottom look sort of grannyish. I really don't want her pieces to start to move to the back for me, but I'm no longer impressed at least not at 1st glance.
Epperson is taking the distance from his family hard which may be his driving force or kill him in the end but we shall see.
Johnny goes into diva mode telling the model in so many words, to 'not to tell him how to make his clothes'. From methhead to Diva all in 4 episodes ...interesante
To the runway we go,
Judging was hardcore...
Gordana's and Shirin's are cool. Chris' green apple dress is amazingly hot finished. Louise creates a piece that screams Fatma 100% and it looks soooo fab (see right)....And just like that Louise moves to my 'The Designer to be reckoned with' list. Celine and Nicholas have a great dress too and he shows he is not all costumish. Ra'Mons explosion of blue flower was great for me and Vanessa because I am plotting how I can get that. Carol Hanna's soft purple and hard leather is hotness! Just by adding a strap the shirt gained youth and solidify's her great decision to listen to Mr. Gunn.
Epperson has made a dress that started plain but instantly became one of a kind.
I almost choked when Heidi called Johnny's dress a Bridesmaid dress and both Q and her model gets roasted for her plain black dress.
Althea's suit is flyy and I'm wit the judges, I want it too! The boy, tuxedo blazer and shorts was so so everyday and definitely sets her apart from the rest.
The verdict is a much deserved win for Althea !!! While, Carol Hanna, Johnny and Epp are in....Q and Logan are left on the chopping block....both missed the mark but Q got the boot for being plain Jane. See the sketches and Tanisha to the right --->>>
So since it was the models as clients, I was curious to watch Models of the Runway. and its funny to find out...Vanessa, Lisa and Tanisha are the Dream Team....these are the chicks that are killing it on the runway. I agree but I think Kojii needs to be up in there somewhere because thats my boo aside from Tanisha. Sadly, Chris has to choose his model and its a no-brainer, Val gets the boot AGAIN.
See ya next week!
@TheAutty on Twitter
Sent via BlackBerry
Live It, Love It, Share It - http://www.ourbloc.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't even watch this show, but you keep me interested

love it

Autty said...

thanks! I love anything filled with fashion and drama :-) thanks for reading...