OURBLOC.com Headlines

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

the STOOP: Verizon is About to Break You for Breaking Them


Since Verizon Wireless is the #1 cellular carrier in the nation, one would think there is no need to be greedy, but think again. I am not sure if greed is the right choice of word, ok let's say it this way…a strategic business decision has been made at Verizon Wireless to increase the early termination fee for breaking a contract from $200 a year to $350 a year. Yes you read that correctly, $350 a YEAR BUDDY (* in my Pauly Shore voice*)

It's not known which phones and phone plans will experience an increase in contract rates. What is known is if you sign up for service beginning November 15, 2009, your break fee will be worst than a hemorrhoid that's immune to preparation H.

"Can you hear me?" yep loud and clear.

As a concession, Verizon will reduce your early termination fee by $10 for each month you keep your contracted service. Hmmm so that means (* taking a break to count on my fingers *) if I wait until the 23rd month and 29th day, my break fee is still $120!!!! GTFOH ...LOL... had to laugh at that one. That is like doing an adult act with no lubrication...smh.

What's crazy to me is most probably sign up for a service because that carrier has the phone they want, not necessarily because of their network. I mean regardless how many times a commercial says no drop calls; we all still have drop calls. I think it’s time for cell phone manufacturers to be like I made this phone for this network, everyone can have it, forget exclusivity to one service. Cell phone carriers always say they don't make any money off the sale of the phones. I mean hey if you’re charging $200 a month for service and $350 a month as a break fee, who cares if you make money off the phone sale or not lol.

Here's my new adage for cell phone service "Can't stand em when you have em, but you will go crazy without em". I guess since we are going to pay for it, they are going to do it. It’s capitalism at its best gotta love it. I do I’m just not a fan of blatant greed…oh wait I mean “business decisions like this.”

Written by: Ran
ran@ourbloc.com
Follow Ran on Twitter @Rannyran

Live it, Love it, Share it - OURBLOC.com

No comments: