OURBLOC.com Headlines

Monday, September 28, 2009

the Polling Station: Wally World Represents You Americans

New Vanity Fair Poll released yesterday on "60 Minutes" shows that the new face of our country is not the innovative giants of Google and Microsoft, nor the fantasy league driven NFL, nor the titan of the New Wall Street Goldman Sachs. Want to know who the new face of the lovely United States of America, the country that was once known as the "Land of Opportunity", home of the free and the cheap I guess now since Wal-Mart is the epitome of what's American.

This is sad to me because Wal-Mart is the reason that this country can't get restarted. Outside of the U.S. Wally World is actually looked at a negative business operator; don't believe me...pull up the reports of how Wal-Mart was kicked out of more foreign countries than embraced. You know what Wal-Mart represents to me? It represents cheap, low quality products that aim to squeeze the life out of competition by portraying the face of low pricing.

Now I know many people are against what I am saying, however, sit back and do an audit of Wal-Mart purchases. Ask yourself this “How many times did I buy something from here and 3-6 months later you was back at Wally World buying the same item again?” I remember when Wally World was one of the only places that supported "Made In the USA", but now its more so "Made in Every Country we can Exploit, but Sold for Maximum Profit". I guess what I can not fathom is why the middle class gets mad at big corporations for laying off, but yet accept being pimped by the likes of the Wal-Mart machine. Might as well be turning tricks in the check out line as often as Wally pimps us.


I know everyone is like "wait, I can get medicine for cheap there!" You know why you can? It's because
Wal-Mart did not want to enhance their prescription program for their employees, so they decided to negotiate a cheap price and require their employees to only buy from their pharmacy. Most will be like I don't see anything wrong with that, but what if an employee needs a prescription drug that Wally World doesn't carry? Yep, the employee is now penalized heavily.

Another poignant point about the Wal-Mart cheap machine is look at the number of employee lawsuits that have been brought against them and settled out of court. Lawsuits such as not unequal pay and promotions for Women, overworked workers not getting the shaft on overtime pay, yada, yada, yada. I can continue to re-hash the known, but what’s the point? *singing* “Our country tis the Thee…Wal-mart is pissin’ on me…and now we are cheap cheap cheap…”

Regardless if you agree with my viewpoint or not, do you really want this organization to represent what is everything American? I would rather have Toyota or Honda be considered the Face of our Nation rather than the Wally World drudge machine. Harsh but so very true; Wal-Mart started off American and is now in my opinion everything anti-American. It’s a sad, dark day for American business knowing that Wal-Mart is now the pinnacle of what’s American.

On a lighter note...enjoy http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ - got to love it

Written by: Ran
ran@ourbloc.com
Rannyran on Twitter
 
Live it, Love it, Share it - OURBLOC.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are approximately 340 bucks on every site. But finally I set this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging as far as something that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were about 320 pounds on every site. But completely I set this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices for the sneakers were approximately 310 pounds on every page. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what can you say about it?