OURBLOC.com Headlines

Friday, January 22, 2010

the Fashion BLOC: Project Runway - "Farm Love"


'Season of the Sashay' continues with a not too far fetched challenge but still interesting, nevertheless.

Challenge: Dress the models in a party dress made from Burlap Potato sack; The Catch: The models are the clients and they get to pick their designer.

Immediately, Emilio is excited to have immunity and I have to say I can't blame him.

Tim checks in early which I suspect its because last week they were ALL struggling. I mean, literally struggling and it looks like its nothing new for this episode. Needless to say, I'm right because yet again, they are twiddling their thumbs at his check-in. I die when Tim says he is flabbergasted by Jay's coolness of all the work he has to do (dye and still sew on the details the model wanted). Im excited to see Ping's creation - It has a modern feel to it at first glance. Amy did a nice dye treatment so far, so I'm excited about her dress too; AND Jesus attempts to make a skirt minus the potato sack material? He is wrapping ribbon over the burlap and not even showing just a hint of it. I hope they roast him since he has decided to go against Tim's suggestion.

Pre-Runway...
Everyone looks frantic at this point, running around like chickens with their heads cut off....Literally, still sewing at the very last minute ...even after Tim comes Mila is still rushing to grab everything.

The Runway...
Judges: Heidi, Kors, Nina, and the legend, Lauren Hutton

My Faves are: Anthony, Ben, Mila, Seth Aaron, and Jonathan.
Amy used the potato sack and took the organic route by dipping it in dye and making it very cute and playful. I actually wanted to wear that burlap. You will never hear me say that again, cherish it :0). Emilio's was cute too, but he concerns me because the dress looked JUST like the first dress -IS THIS ALL HE CAN DO? hmmm....


Mila's peek-a-boo boobs dress pulled out! Which makes me think she only did great because she felt like she had something to prove to Alexis (her model) since she chose Anthony over her...Needless to say, Kors called her dress "edgy and hot".

Ping's was awful. I was extremely disappointed in the final look. I mean, WOW her butt cheeks were out and it was poorly constructed. Pamela dyed her dated dress a faded denim look which was wonderful but it also didn't look appropriate for the event. Jesus got called out for not following the rules (CLEARLY) and besides, green and brown were your color choices? really? My opinion is if you are going to have to face the judges about violating the rule, then make sure the dress is hot, but I digress.


Jay wins with his feathery cute number...AND Pamela gets the boot for her DDD (Denim Dated Dress). However, Jesus better get it together. He is showing his true colors and they are green and brown; neither cute or flattering together. Truly a lot of hot messery on this season - Can't wait til next week!

Written by Autty
Live it, Love it, Share it - OURBLOC.COM

No comments: