OURBLOC.com Headlines

Friday, December 25, 2009

the Internal Memo: Christmas through the eyes of Cee Nicole

Tis the season OURBLOC readers,

I can’t speak for you guy, but I must say that Christmas is one of my favorite Holidays. As you can see we’re in the spirit, how do you like the NEW template for the season?? Done by our own Ran…thanks Ran

In today’s society we have to remind ourselves that this Holiday isn’t just about gifts, it’s a celebration for the birth of Christ. Now I’m sure everybody knows the Nativity story with the Virgin Mary, The Wise Men, and Angel Gabriel. Since we do, then you know to not get caught up into buying any and everything but just simply enjoy the little things that surround you (family, friends, etc). Given today’s economy I know I won’t be expecting anything for Christmas but my family, health, and peace of mind... which is enough for me to receive on Christmas Day.

Although I will admit when I was younger and didn’t know any better it was all about the gifts. As I grew older I understood the actual purpose behind Christmas and what it truly represents. I also understood that not everybody celebrates Christmas; some celebrate Kwanzaa and Hanukkah. Each holiday has a significant religious importance and/or tradition to those who celebrate it. Even with the differences, each have similar principles..Peace, Love, Togetherness, Sharing, Joy and Family.

I would like to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa to each and everyone.

Written by: Cee Nicole

Live it, Love it, Share it - OURBLOC.com

No comments: