OURBLOC.com Headlines

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Common girl’s hunt for personal style

What’s fab about fashion is that it’s innovative, new, fresh, sexy, conservative, anomalous, and ongoing. You can become anybody with a new look and a new look can make you somebody. I love to admit it too, my style sets me apart from the pack and I truly do love to constantly switch it, add to it and even, discover new perspectives. Your own style is the key though. Many women are plagued with the idea 22of being different or odd but fascinated in making one of those fabtabulous trends but it’s a fine line that needs to be drawn. Some may say that it takes a special woman to be able to identify what truly works for them. The fact is, you just got to be honest with yourself; if something doesn’t work for you then don’t even do it. For example, I know for a fact I cannot do a straight line, shapeless dress UNLESS I add a belt or wrap and even then, it has to be a must-have. But the next issue is finding something that does work. The reality is each piece, yes EACH, is different. We know it ladies, this is a no brainer and precisely the reason why men say we have the same shoe or else, why do we have 12 black shoes? Isn’t it obvious? Each shoe is different and you just have to try it out. Much like our clothes. Issue #3, however, is the robot, look-alike syndrome. In Atlanta, fashion is usually reduced to shopping in the malls and outlets. Since, malls rule Atlanta due to the typical chains for the common girl such as Forever 21, Level X, Wet Seal, Heritage, H & M and whatever other low budget addictions. This translates to women wearing the same things; typically you are at a restaurant, nightclub or basic pool party looking at the same outfits in your closet. But us girls like to switch it up, be different from the pack for those same types of prices, and we definitely exhibit this when we go to a club, lounge, on a first date or second, every birthday, friends birthdays, shall I go on or do you feel me? My suggestion for individual style and not so bad prices is internet and boutique shopping. I am just now getting used to searching for fab deals online and undiscovered boutiques like a maniac. Besides, I’m at the point where I want to find pieces that I genuinely love – seriously, you always need to shop for your “needs” & “wants” but every once in a while you find that thing that you truly love and would shoot the first person that dares to borrow, replicate or knock it. Well, not shoot, maybe just stab…......... I will be making my boutique visits all throughout Atlanta next week and giving my reviews but I challenge you to find some sites to search for great online buys and post them so we can compare. Here’s my faves from cheap to worthy buys: NV-U Boutique Fab'rik EBay Urban Outfitters Lullie Vintage Etsy ModCloth Nasty Gal ~Autty Photos Courtesy of NV-U Boutique, Atlanta, GA - http://www.nv-uboutique.com or Facebook.com/NV-U Boutique

No comments: